Cumberland Animal Hospital is a privately owned small business that is a product of our community, built for our community. Being a part of our community and sharing our passion for animals is an integral part of who we are.
We share our love of animals and our commitment to veterinary education with the youth in and around our surrounding counties by assisting with reading days at county libraries, participating in school career days, giving in-class demonstrations and instruction, giving class tours of the hospital, and intern programs.
We support our communities by sponsoring school groups and athletic teams and participating in fund raisers for schools, fire departments, and rescue squads in Cumberland and surrounding counties.
We encourage pet stewardship by sponsoring and participating in low cost clinics for rabies and other pet health care.
We give back to the community by providing no or low cost services to our local law enforcement k-9’s, Pen Pals program, Companion K-9’s, Guiding Eyes, local animal shelters and rescue groups. We also participate in low cost spay & neuter programs.
Some of the organizations include:
- Cumberland Fire & EMS Powhatan Volunteer Fire Department
- Pen Pals Program Canine Companions
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind Friends of Cumberland County Animal Control
- Woof Connection
- Southside SPCA Voices for Animals
- Friends of Animals
- Richmond Animal League Lab Rescue (LRCP inc.)
- Save our Herders Outreach
- The Mosby Foundation Red Rover Foundation